The Old Moscow Circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard is one of the oldest circuses in Russia. A hundred-odd years ago, in 1880, this building on Tsvetnoy Boulevard was built for the circus of Albert Salamon's merchant merchant Danilov. They say that the first ruble earned for the ticket, Salamonsky put in a frame and hung in the checkout. When, on October 20, 1880, the circus received the first spectators, there were five rows of armchairs, lodges, a mezzanine, second seats with wooden unnumbered benches and a standing gallery. Then the building was repeatedly adjusted and completed, but its entire long century served as a circus.
The most famous artists performed at his arena. Anatoly and Vladimir Durov, Vitaly Lazarenko, Vilmyams Truzzi with his well-trained horses. Unsurpassed jumpers Sosiny. First-class jockeys Vasily Sobolevsky and Herbert Cook. Graceful dancer Marta Sur. Acrobats of Oceanoos. Incomparable equilibrists sister Koch. The famous "cunning" Kio, fascinated all the boys. The circus was made famous by its famous directors, and everyone was tireless in their search. Arnold Arnold led the clowns to the mysterious attraction Kio. Boris Shahet forced the elegant dancers to make their partners huge Kornilov elephants. The success of the circus was greatly facilitated by the work of the Artistic Director Yu.S. Yursky, who thundered with his theatrical parades-prologues, the main director MSMestechkin, the director-director A. Arnold, the directors N. Baikalov and A. V.Asanova.
The artistic director of the studio of circus art Izyaslav Nemchinsky created on the Moscow arena a true revelation of the century - "The Bear Circus" by Valletnia Filatov. Mark Mestechkin in one fine winter forced the clowns from the outer circus balcony, or, as it was called in the old days, the Rouse, to sing the mischievous couplets to the whole Tsvetnoy Boulevard:
Circuses built on the market - this is the story.
We do not live in the old-fashioned way - the Market has been attached to us.
The circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard really lived and worked not in the old-fashioned way. He kept searching all the time. Search for new numbers. Search for new performances. Search for new names. In 1919, according to Lenin's decree, the circus was nationalized. The former circus of Salamon became the first state circus.
This home-cozy circus, where, as often as ever, young people are born, at different times they revealed the names of the trainers of Sarvat and Olga Begbudi, the balancers of Leonid Kostiuk and Alexei Sarach, the juggler Sergei Ignatov, the gymnasts Nadezhda Drozdova, Valery and Yuri Panteleenko.
We can say that the Moscow circus has long been staged, releasing new numbers, attractions, performances, big pantomimes, special children's shows on the circus conveyor. Here in the late fifties, water pantomime was restored. One after another there were three performances - "Youth celebrates" (1956), "Happy sailing" (1059), "Carnival in Cuba" (1962). Here children's plays are firmly established, which, as a rule, go on vacation days.
And what a self-respecting circus will do without its own clowns! Here the unfading glory of Pencil began. In those years, "Pravda" was advertising theatrical Moscow. And every day only one line among them was unchanged: "On the arena - Pencil". Oleg Popov once performed in the old circus "solar clown". In 1946 a clownery studio was created. Many of her pupils went to the arenas of the country in different years. Yuri Kotov and Boris Romanov. Leonid Kukso, Sobachy Aibolit Alexander Popov, head of the dog choir Sergei Boussaev ... The star of Leonid Engibarov shone in the Moscow arena, who called himself the absentee pupil of Charlie Chaplin. He enthusiastically showed his people, like stories, mimic sketches. He was called a "clown with autumn in the heart".
But undoubtedly, the most famous clowns, whom the Moscow circus presented to the world, were the students of the second issue Yuri Nikulin and Mikhail Shuidin. Sometimes, just for their sake, people took tickets to the circus, not paying much attention, who else is listed in the program. During the war of 1941-45. The circus did not stop its work. Worked numbers, new programs were put. A special place in the staging was occupied by stunt episodes associated with military operations. In the arena, in the famous pantomime "Three of ours", there were fights of motorcyclists, fighting for a horse, acrobatic clowning of two German soldiers. In the finale, a real tank drove to the arena and squashed enemy dots. In the clownish reprises of the brilliant clown of Pencil in a grotesque-satirical style, the fascist warriors were mocked.
In 1983, the circus leadership was received by the People's Artist of the USSR, the famous clown and artist Yuri Nikulin. August 13, 1985 took place the last performance in the old building of the circus. This presentation was a grand memorable event for all Muscovites. After this, the old building was broken.
On October 19, 1987, the first stone was laid for the construction of a new building, and the capsule was also immured there. And a few years later, on September 29, 1989, the opening of a new building of the Old Moscow Circus was held with the program "Hello, Old Circus!" (directors V.Krymko, N.Makovskaya).
In July 1996, Valentin Gneushev, Honored Art Worker, was appointed the chief director of the circus. In December 1996, after the 75th anniversary of Yuri Nikulin, the circus was named "The Moscow Circus of Nikulin on Tsvetnoy Boulevard." In August 1997, after the death of Yu.V. Nikulin, his son Maxim Nikulin was elected as the General Director.
The new building of the circus now has modern technical equipment, new administrative suites, make-up rooms, animal rooms, in a word, the entire interior. An unusually beautiful new foyer was opened. The auditorium, with only minor modifications, tried to reproduce just as it was before the reconstruction. Today the Old Moscow Circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard is still ready to host more than 2,000 people.
Incorrect protection CAPTCHA code